I got a leaflet through my door today from Boots. I didn't ask for it and I didn't want it, but it came all the same, using my address and lying on my doormat. On the bottom of the leaflet it says "Recycle. When you have finished with this leaflet, please recycle it."
What's that all about then? Why is it my responsibility to recycle this leaflet? If they have a concern about the state of our landfills then they should bloody well make sure that they only send leaflets to people who want them, and not force them down our throats. Conversely, if they care more about their marketing campaigns than about the state of our landfills, they should leave it to me to decide how to deal with the problem they've created for me.
(It's a side issue, but recycling is the most inefficient way of dealing with most waste known to man. If anyone is really concerned about landfill space then they should be campaigning to have incinerators built to deal with it.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment